LicensingThis work is protected by Canadian . Limitations on its distribution are defined at the original site of publication, and are not altered by its reproduction here. Those terms may include, but may not be limited to, its reproduction being accurate, free of charge in any format or medium, and not used in a misleading context. The source of the material must be identified and the copyright status acknowledged.
Thus, this is a non-free license for the purpose of Wikipedia, as modification is not permitted. However, it is believed that the use of this work:
- To illustrate the object in question
- Where no free equivalent is available or could be created that would adequately give the same information
- On the English-language Wikipedia, hosted on servers in the United States by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation,
qualifies as under United States copyright law. See Wikipedia:Non-free content and Wikipedia:Copyrights.
These restrictions are . See also the Wikipedia trademark disclaimer and Wikipedia:Logos.
Free Use Rationale
Royal Canadian Mounted Police badge
The entire logo is used to convey the meaning intended and avoid tarnishing or misrepresenting the intended image.
The logo is a size and resolution sufficient to maintain the quality intended by the company or organization, without being unnecessarily high resolution.
Because it is a logo there is almost certainly no free equivalent. Any substitute that is not a derivative work would fail to convey the meaning intended, would tarnish or misrepresent its image, or would fail its purpose of identification or commentary.
- This image is only being used in Wikipedia articles for informational and educational purposes.
- The image's inclusion here will not result in financial loss to the possible copyright holder
- Use of the logo in the article complies with Wikipedia non-free content policy, logo guidelines, and fair use under United States copyright law as described above.